[Spce-user] Calls to destinations without billing zone

Marc Storck mstorck at voipgate.com
Mon Jan 5 09:03:04 EST 2015

The rewirte rules are designed to harmonize the numbers dialled by your customers.

The peering rules and billing zones are based on the number format after inbound rewrite rules but before outbound rewrite rules.

This allows you to have customer in 2 countries, example:

Customer 1 in Italy:

dials 0699991234 rewrite rules harmonize to 390699991234

Customer 2 in Spain:

dials 00390699991234 rewrite rules harmonize to 390699991234

As you can see both customers dial different numbers but intend to reach the same destination in Rome. The rewrite rules takes care to harmonize these numbers.

Your peering rules and billing zones should be based on the harmonized format. Usually one would use E.164 as the harmonized format.

Regards,

Marc