[Spce-user] Control transit calls via SIP Provider CE

Andrew Pogrebennyk apogrebennyk at sipwise.com
Mon Jan 19 08:34:42 EST 2015

Hello Mykola,

by default, the incoming call from a sip trunk needs to find a local
subscriber, otherwise it's going to be rejected with a 404. We usually
recommend creating a subscriber for the customer PBX or SIP trunk, so
peer relay is not needed that often, but when it's needed - like in your
case you may enable the calls from a specific peer to leave the SPCE
over another peer, if you set the peer preference:
 force_outbound_calls_to_peer: if callee is not local
on inbound peer.

alternatively, you may set allow_peer_relay: 'yes' in
/etc/ngcp-config/config.yml and run 'ngcpcfg apply', but that is global
for whole system and the preference gives you more fine-grained control
which peers are allowed to use transit.

Hope this helps,
Andrew