[Spce-user] Installing Amazon AMI mr7 doesn't work

Alex Lutay alutay at sipwise.com
Tue Mar 5 03:39:03 EST 2019

Hi all,

On 3/5/19 9:15 AM, Michael Prokop wrote:
> HTTP 504 bad gateway

The error message above normally means
1) nginx has started and listen properly,
as you have established connection and got 504.

2) ngcp-panel didn't start/in broken state.

To check this use: "ngcp-service summary",
it will show status of all services in NGCP.
"ngcp-service restart ngcp-panel" will restart it.

The issue here can be caused by fact of "applying" of
the initial configuration on AMI boot on Amazon
(as we need to start using new IPs we have just received from DHCP).

There is special service ngcp-eaddress is available exactly for this
purpose: a) on the very first boot only b) if only one ethernet card is
available => get IP from the card and reconfigure network.yml for new IP
and perform "ngcpcfg apply" which should restart all necessary services
and they will listen new address.

Feel free to ask any further questions here!

Have fun!

--
Alex Lutay
Head of Quality Assurance